Modern Dental Care in Las Vegas offers laser dental treatments. These treatments rely on dental lasers to perform specific dental procedures. Lasers produce an intense beam of light that can remove or shape tissue that it comes into contact with. Laser dentistry can be used in the following dental procedures:
- Remove overgrown tissues
- Remove inflamed gum tissue
- Treat gum disease
- Remove or reshape gums or bone tissue
- Treat infections
- Detect cavities
- Improve tooth sensitivity
Benefits of laser therapy
Laser therapy in dentistry provides patients with a more comfortable dental treatment experience. Using laser dentistry, Dr. Edington can deliver a precise treatment that is faster and more comfortable and that also provides more stunning results.
Other benefits to receiving a laser therapy dental treatment include:
- Many laser treatments do not require anesthesia, and the recovery time is much quicker than with traditional treatment methods.
- Treatments are more comfortable.
- There is less potential chance of bacterial infection because laser treatments are so precise.
- Patients typically lose less blood than in traditional surgery.
Two types of laser dentistry
There are two different types of laser dentistry: hard tissue and soft tissue. Hard tissue includes treatments such as cavity detection, dental fillings, and tooth sensitivity improvements. The wavelength of the laser used in hard tissue laser dentistry can specifically cut through water and bone.
Soft tissue dental lasers have a wavelength that water and hemoglobin can easily absorb, making them the best lasers for gums and cosmetic procedures. Soft tissue treatments include gum reshaping, gum surgery, and muscle attachment improvements.
Procedures such as removing benign oral tumors, regenerating nerves, overcoming sleep apnea, whitening teeth, and treating TMD are also considered laser dentistry treatments.
To learn more about laser dentistry and how you may benefit from a laser treatment, please contact Modern Dental Care and schedule an appointment.